- 1kg (approximately 24) long, thin light green or yellow peppers
- 4 tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp celery seeds
- ½ tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 bottle Wild’s Ezy-Sauce
- 3 cups water
- Cut tops from peppers, deseed, and thickly slice. Place peppers in a basin, sprinkle with salt and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 hours, drain and rinse well.
- Mix allspice, celery seeds and mustard seeds together. Sprinkle over peppers. Divide peppers into sterilized jars and add garlic slices to each.
- Add Wild’s Ezy-Sauce, water and sugar to a saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Pour over peppers and cover loosely. Allow to cool, and then seal.
Makes approximately 1.5 litres.
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 2 hours standing time
Cook time: 5 minutes