- 5.5kg green tomatoes, sliced
- 2kg onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1.5kg sugar
- 1 x 375mL bottle Wild’s Ezy-Sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Place green tomatoes, onion and salt into a dish. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Empty tomato mixture into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add sugar and Wild’s Ezy-Sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for approximately 2 hours or until mixture is thick in consistency.
- Combine mustard powder, curry powder, cornflour and turmeric with sufficient water to make a smooth paste. Add to pan, whilst stirring continuously. Cook for a further 10 minutes. Pour into hot sterilised jars and seal.
Makes approximately 5.5 litres
Cooking time may vary depending on ingredients, cooking vessel, and rate of simmer. Use only as a guide
Recipe based on standard 250ml metric measuring cup and 20ml tablespoon. All measurements are level.