- 50g (4-6 cloves) garlic
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 24 whole allspice berries
- 2.5kg kiwifruit, peeled and roughly sliced
- 1kg sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bottle Wild’s Ezy-Sauce
- 3 cups water
- Tie garlic, fresh ginger and allspice in a square of muslin. Place in a saucepan with remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil and cook for 30 minutes or until fruit is soft.
- Remove muslin bag and discard. Push mixture through a coarse sieve, or use a food processor to blend in several batches until smooth.
- Return to rinsed pan. Boil for about 1 hour or until sauce thickens. Using a small funnel or jug, fill sauce into hot sterilized bottles and seal.
Makes approximately 3 litres.