- Brine: 1 cup SAXA Cooking Salt to 2 litres of water
- 500g cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 875ml Wild’s Ezy-Sauce
- To make brine, dissolve salt in boiling water before leaving to cool and then straining.
- Prick cucumber skins all over so that they thoroughly absorb brine & Wild’s Ezy-Sauce. Place cucumbers in a mixing bowl and cover with brine. Ensure cucumbers are fully covered with brine. You can place a weighted plate on top of the vegetables to ensure that they remain submerged in the brine. Set aside for 3 days, and then drain well.
- Pack cucumbers into pickling jars. Heat Wild’s Ezy-Sauce until hot, and pour over the jarred cucumbers. Cover tightly and leave for 24 hours.
- Strain off Wild’s Ezy-Sauce, before bringing to the boil and pouring over the cucumbers again. Repeat this process until the cucumbers are vibrant green in colour.
- The cucumbers should be completely covered in Wild’s Ezy-Sauce, so it maybe necessary to add more when refilling. Add dill seeds to the jars before sealing. Cover, seal and label.
Note: Cucumbers can vary greatly in size. Large cucumbers should be sliced length ways into appropriately sized pieces for pickling jars.