- 8 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, seeded and cut into squares
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and cut into squares
- ½ a cauliflower, cut into flowerettes
- 8 pickling onions, peeled
- 150g SAXA Cooking Salt
- 2 litres water
- 3 x 375mL bottles of Wild’s Ezy-Sauce
- 1 tbsp of coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp of black peppercorns
- 2 dried red chillies
- 2 cups of sugar
- Olive oil
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Dissolve salt in water and pour over vegetables to cover. Leave for 12 hours.
- Drain vegetables before rinsing in cold water, and draining again.
- Bring remaining ingredients to the boil, stir to dissolve sugar, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Divide vegetables into hot sterilised jars before covering with Wild’s Ezy-Sauce mixture (fill to 5mm from the top of the jar). Tap jars to release air bubbles. Top with olive oil. Seal with air-tight lids.
Makes 12 x 250ml jars.