- 3kg firm dark red plums, stones removed
- 300g brown onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 6 tsp salt
- 1 bottle Wild’s Ezy-Sauce
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 3 bay leaves
- Wash plums. Place onions in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Remove and set aside.
- Process plums, several at a time, until very smooth. Place plum puree, onions, sugar, salt and Wild’s Ezy-Sauce in a large saucepan. Tie the allspice berries and bay leaves in a square of muslin and add to the saucepan.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until sauce thickens. Remove the muslin bag. Using a small funnel or jug, fill sauce into hot sterilized bottles and seal.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Makes approx. 2.4 litres.
Serving Suggestions: best accompanied with camembert, Chinese style spring rolls, pork, chicken or duck.
Notes: Recipe based on standard 250ml metric measuring cup and 20ml tablespoon. All measurements are level.