- 8.5kg ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 3kg onions, diced
- 1 kg green cooking apples, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup salt
- 2.5kg sugar
- 1 x 375mL bottle Wild’s Ezy-Sauce
- 3 tbsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tsp turmeric
- Place tomatoes, onion, apples and salt into a dish. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Empty refrigerated mixture into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add sugar and Wild’s Ezy-Sauce, stirring to combine. Simmer uncovered for approximately 1 ½ hours or until thick in consistency.
- Combine mustard powder, curry powder, cornflour and turmeric with sufficient water to make a smooth paste. Add to saucepan, stirring continuously. Cook for a further 10 minutes. Pour into sterilised jars and seal.
Makes approximately 5 litres
Cooking time may vary depending on ingredients, cooking vessel, and rate of simmer. Use only as a guide.
Recipe based on standard 250ml metric measuring cup and 20ml tablespoon. All measurements are level.