- 8.5 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 kg onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3 kg sugar
- 1 x 375mL bottle Wilds’ Ezy-Sauce
- 4 tbsp mustard powder
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- Add tomatoes and onion to a dish and cover with salt. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Empty mixture into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add sugar and Wild’s Ezy-Sauce. Combine mustard powder and curry powder with sufficient water to form a smooth paste and stir into tomato mixture.
- Boil gently uncovered for approximately 2 ½ hours or until thick in consistency.
- Mix plain flour with sufficient water to make a smooth paste. Add to saucepan, stirring continuously. Cook for a further 15 minutes. Carefully fill into hot sterilized jars or bottles and seal.
Makes approximately 8.5 litres.
Cooking time may vary depending on ingredients, cooking vessel, and rate of simmer. Use only as a guide.
Recipe based on standard 250ml metric measuring cup and 20ml tablespoon. All measurements are level.