- 9kg ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1.5kg onions, finely chopped
- 100g garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1.5kg sugar
- ½ cup salt
- 1.25kg apple puree
- 1 cup of Wild’s Ezy-Sauce
- Add tomatoes, onions and garlic to a large saucepan. Combine ginger with sufficient water to form a smooth paste and stir through tomato mixture.
- Boil gently for 5 hours, before straining mixture through a coarse sieve.
- Add sugar, salt, apple puree and Wild’s Ezy-Sauce, and mix well. Simmer uncovered for approximately 1 hour or until sauce thickens. Using a small jug or ladle, carefully fill into sterilised bottles and cover loosely. Allow to cool before sealing.
Makes approx. 5 liters.
For a spicier sauce: use 1 x 375ml bottle of Wild’s Ezy-Sauce instead of 1 cup.
Cooking time may vary depending on ingredients, cooking vessel, and rate of simmer. Use only as a guide.